Information for authors
Submissions, Peer Review and Publication
- Paper acceptance is always open. Materials of manuscripts are submitted in two types: electronic and paper.
- All submitted papers are peer-reviewed. To ensure objectivity of the selection process, the review process is anonymous.
- All reviewers are recognized experts in their respective fields, and have published papers in the same subject area as the paper under review within the past 3 years.
- If accepted, papers are included in the upcoming issue of the journal.
- The Editor’s Office makes copies of reviews available to the authors.
- If any corrections are required, the Editor’s Office communicates the reviewers’ feedback to the authors.
- If a paper is rejected, a motivated notice of rejection is sent to its author by e-mail.
- Authors may request a new review of a rejected paper.
- The Editor’s Office retains paper reviews for 5 years. Copies of reviews can be delivered to the Ministry of Education of Russia upon request.
- The original hard copy of a paper must be a true representation of its electronic copy.
- The electronic copy should be submitted as an MS Word document (its file name being the last name of the first author) via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The paper must be typed with single line spacing without hyphenation in Times New Roman (font size 10.5 pt) on white A4 writing paper (25 mm margins) and contain no erasures, writeovers or typeovers. The volume of a properly formatted paper must be at about five pages.
- The paper must be consistent in its use of symbols and characters throughout the text, formulas, tables and figures. Cyrillic and Greek characters must be in regular upright type, and Latin characters (except for those included in regular words and their abbreviations, personal names, names of functions, software, companies and chemical elements) must be in italic type.
- All designations and abbreviations must be explained.
- The paper must use the International System of Units (SI).
- All tables and figures must have appropriate headings (not full-text references copied from the body of the paper). (Fig. 1. Title; Table 1. Title). Large legends should be preferably included in the text. All headings and titles should be in Times New Roman (font size 10 pt). All figures and tables should be referenced to in the text (… in Fig. 3, … in Table 2).
- All figures and photographs should be in grayscale, sharp, clean, grouped. Lines in charts and graphs should not be bold, grid lines should be clear. Figures should be executed in CorelDraw, Illustrator, Word, Visio and be editable.
- Illustrations (300 dpi or higher) should be submitted as separate files. Image scale should be the smallest possible that allows legibility.
- Formulas should be typed in Equation Editor (MS Word).
- All references in the list of references should be included in the text (numbered in the textual order, e.g., [1, 2], [5–7]). Information about references should be sufficient to make them identifiable: for nonperiodical editions – last name and initials of the author, full name of the work, place of publication, name of publisher, year of publication, number of pages; for periodical editions – last name and initials of the author, full name of the work, name of journal, year of issue, volume, issue, part, pages.
- The paper should include (in textual order): last names and initials of authors, title, abstract, key words. Information about authors includes full name, academic degree, academic title, position, place of employment, contact phone, e-mail. Please see the website for an example.
- Hard copy of the paper should be signed by the authors.
- All papers are published free of charge.
- The Editor’s Office will not accept any financial claims from authors associated with distribution of their materials after publication.
- Authors shall be solely responsible for the content of their papers and the consequences of their publication.